All the parts are made and the bags of nuts and washers have arrived, it's time for some assembly.
Everything went together without any issues. Below are a few pictures of it assembled, along with a Dr Pepper for size comparison.
Winding the first phase
With the mechanical assembley finished it was time to start winding the coils. The coils for any one phase are arranged as a square. There are 12 slots for the coil legs around the perimiter of the alternator, so you wind in one slot, then miss 2 slots and wind in the next, then miss 2 and so on.... Once you're back in the slot you started in, that's one phase complete. To begin the next phase you start with a new length of wire, move over one slot and repeat the above process until you've wound in 4 slots. Repeat again for the final phase. You should be left with 6 wire ends that you can wire in either star or delta configurations.
Having wound one phase I realised I could fit much fatter wire in the space I had for the amount of turns I needed so I ordered another spool of thicker wire and rewound the alternator. The thicker wire guage will have lower resistance and be able to carry a higher current, although I don't expect the alternator to be up to generating much. I finished up the windings with some cable ties to help keep them in place.